Can you remember the last time you used cash? When you can pay with a tap of your credit card or a wave of a smartphone or even a watch, many consumers are opting for convenience over coins and notes. The laundry experts at Richard Jay are specialists in the latest technology to ensure a seamless customer experience and we’ve identified 6 key reasons why it’s time your laundromat went cashless.
It’s becoming rarer for customers to carry cash around. There’s even forecasts Australia could be a virtually cashless society by 2022 on current trends. While the Reserve Bank of Australia doesn’t yet see a world without banknotes, cash payments have dived from 69% in 2007 to just 37% in 2016.
Meantime, there’s been rapid growth in electronic payments including contactless payments using your card, mobile phone or other devices. While we might not be carrying cash, we are carrying our mobile phones with smartphone ownership in Australia hitting 88% as of 2017.
For laundromat owners, removing the cash barrier can only increase revenue and improve the laundry experience for your customers to keep them coming back. And new technologies are making it easier than ever to go cashless. With Richard Jay’s e-CleanPay technology, you can accept instant mobile or card payments on any brand of laundry machine, old or new.
This trend towards cashless payments coupled with the development of amazing new technologies has led the experts at Richard Jay to identify the 6 key reasons it’s time your laundromat went cashless.
- AFFORDABILITY Richard Jay’s e-CleanPay technology means there’s finally an affordable solution for the average laundromat owner. The super simple e-CleanPay plan features low upfront costs, no lock-in contracts, transparent transaction fees and no hidden charges.
- REDUCE VANDALISM Traditional coin operated laundry machines means there’s cash on your premises and with that comes the risk of theft and vandalism. But by going cashless, you can reduce and even eliminate those security concerns.
- NO ACCOUNT SETUP There’s nothing worse for a customer than having to fiddle around with registering a new account and entering all their confidential details just so they can pay for their wash. e-CleanPay for smartphones removes that time-consuming task because the setup is straightforward and there’s no app to download. With just 3 easy steps (Select-Pay-Start), a new customer can pay for their wash the instant they walk in.
- CONVENIENCE By going cashless, your customers are using the payment methods they use everywhere else in their day to day lives. e-CleanPay for smartphones accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. While the e-CleanPay Kiosk is a simple, secure PayWave reader that allows you to credit any machine in your store. The Kiosk accepts Visa, Mastercard, G Pay, Apple Pay or card swipe and you can opt for tap’n’go too.
- CUSTOMER LOYALTY A happy customer is a loyal customer. Paypont, the local behind e-CleanPay, received feedback from 3642 customers and 96.5% of responses were overwhelmingly positive! Cashless systems have also been shown to result in significant repeat business for laundromat owners. 25,000+ transactions were recorded a 30-day period and 85.9% were classified as repeat business.
- DIGITISE YOUR BUSINESS Going cashless brings many business benefits. The e-CleanPay system can be retro-fitted to your existing laundry machinery. And once you’re connected to the payment platform you’ll receive daily, weekly and monthly revenue reports, customer insights, real-time alerts and cash tracking. Remote-start functionality allows you to access machines from your smartphone so you can operate your business from anywhere in the world. There’s also automatic settlement of card payments to your nominated bank account in 24 to 48 hours.
Are you ready to make life easier for your customers and increase your laundromat revenue by going cashless? Speak with our experts at Richard Jay to help you find the best cashless system for your laundry.